Our Honours | Awards
Marketing (CIMG) awards
- Seven times CIMG Media Organisation of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2018. We are the only media organisation to have won the award this many.
- CIMG Marketing-oriented Company of the Year (2014)
- Green Initiative Merit Award in the Non-competitive Category
Media Organisation of the Year 2018 (Ghana Business quality awards)
Best Organisation in Recruitment and Selection 2017 (HR)
AGI Worthy Ambassador : In 2008, the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) honoured the company as a Worthy Ambassador for Industry at the association’s 50th anniversary.
GJA Best Designed Newspapers : In 2005 and 2006, the GJA adjudged the company as the press house with the best newspaper designs and layout. Then in 2007, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning highly commended the company as one of two state-owned enterprises with outstanding performance.
GJA Journalist of the Year: Regarding individual awards since 1971, journalists of the company have won the Journalist of the Year award 10 times. No media organisation’s journalists have won this prestigious award from the Ghana Journalist Association (GJA) as many. Also our journalists have won the other awards of GJA many times. Currently, eight of our journalists hold the GJA titles of the
- Best Journalist Environmental Reporting.
- Best in Health reporting.
- Best in Print Feature Writing.
- Best in Small & Medium Scale Reporting.
- Promising Journalist of Year (2012).
International Star Award for Quality: At its 14th International Star for Quality Convention in Geneva in 2013, the Business Initiative Direction (BID), a global quality management body based in Madrid, Spain, awarded the prestigious International Star for Quality Award (Gold category) to the GCGL for ensuring that quality permeates its products, services and management.